Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lunch Club

When the lunch club ladies all got together we had a FABULOUS time together. It was strange how we all met and too long to go into now, it is all in my book, but we were all so different and all so much a like at the same time. Meeting up with them all was the highlight of my month. We were all encouraging to one another and shared a lot of laughs. When ever it was someones birthday we would make an extra effort to bring along a little gift for the Birthday girl.

I don't see why I can't do this on my blog. Thank you Sue for joining in. Lets share each others blogs make suggestings of other blogs that we may be interested in - share and care. Since we can't actually be together, what a shame, then lets share some recipes, that could be fun. To wet the appetite here are some photo's of my lunch club friends in Johannesburg and some of the lovely meals we shared, we can pretend!



This chocolate cake I am sure would have been shared between us. I don't see how any one person could eat this!

Caryl's Onion Marmalade
I know this sounds really odd. But someone asked me yesterday what was the last thing I had to eat and I said, 2 Provita's with cottage cheese and onion marmalade. She was surprised and said she had never heard of it, so here it is.
2 large onions fry in a little olive oil until very soft and slightly golden.
 2 chopped up soft ripe pears and an apple if you have one. Both without the skins
A little ginger if you don't like it leave it out. But I love it so I used a fresh piece about the first joint of my little finger.
When this is all mooshed in together, then add 1/2 Cup of Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tablespoons of honey.
Bring all of this to the boil for a minute or two and then turn down the heat and let it simmer on low for at least an hour. Nice and slow.
Then put it into 2 bottles.
Yummie, you can eat this with meat and it is divine as a dip with cottage cheese on crackers. I haven't tired this on a Pizza but I think it would be awesome.
Now I look forward to one of yours which I hope to find on your blog.
Enjoy!


1 comment:

Martha Lever said...

Hi Caryl! Sounds like you had a wonderfful lunch with your buddies. That is always so fun.
Thanks so much for your comment today!