Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Beautiful Daughters

I am really  blessed to have my children and how we have managed to get through some of the stuff we have is nothing short of a miracle. I was watching a Dr Phil show with a family that had about the same amount of drama that we have been through but each member of this particular family was in such a bad way that it looked almost impossible for them ever to sort out their stuff as a family and come out happy, but I know it is.
My kids are awesome. They are very different from each other in every single way, which fascinates me as a mom and I see a little piece of me in all three of them, good and bad. We are extremely close, but I think because we are 4 girls and now 5 with my grand daughter we stick together life 5 petals of the same flower, and the boys, my son in law and two grandsons are the stalk and the leaves! I have been thinking a lot about my kids today, not that I don't always but perhaps because of all this deep work I am doing with the therapist it makes me SO grateful that I have the time to be with them and heal and change what needs to be changed. I have absolutely No regrets in life, it is what it is, but I would give my life over and over again, to have done things differently with my girls. I am so proud of them, they are incredible, loving, kind, caring, compassionate, generous, funny, talented ...but they have been hurt deeply by the choices I made.
I want to help them deal with their pain and give them a voice to express how they feel and confront me if they need to, I am okay with that. For now, they are all doing fine but I know that when you get married, have children of your own, all of a sudden the questions come...why? I am ready for that.

I am feeling wonderful today and SO HAPPY. It has been a long time. The one thing I am thankful for, is that I have made some amazing friends on the Internet over the past 5 years, very dear and special friends the only problem is that they are spread all around the world, or I promise I would have everyone over for a splashed up lunch so that I could say Cheers with a glass of bubbles...thank you.

Would you like to join Caryl's Internet lunch club? During my divorce I met with a group of girlfriends once a month and we had the most amazing times together. Let me know if your interested and we can share blogs, art, recipes and bubbles if we want to.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I want to be in your Internet lunch!

Shaz said...

Your last few blogs have warmed my heart for many reasons Caryl, and yes, you do have very dear and precious daughters. You are very blessed. X

Shaz said...

Your last few blogs have left me with a very warm heart Caryl, for many reasons, and yes you do have very dear and precious daughters and lots of friends who love and value you so much. I'm in :o)