Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mothers Day

May is the month for Mothers Day and I want to pay a tribute to my own mother who went to be with the Lord in 1991. I was thinking a lot about her this past weekend because it was also her Birthday on the 11th May, she would be 86 if she was still here. One of 4 children she was the youngest and only one of her siblings is still alive my Earth Angel aunt mentioned in my book. I had two mothers, my own mother and my aunt. Unfortunately I didn't get on very well with my mother even though I really loved her, we always had a mother and daughter 'thing' going on that never seemed to work it self out, but as often happens, I have had years to think about our relationship and more recently I have thought much about her own journey through life and I wish she was here for me to say...Forgive me, for not understanding life from your point of view. Forgive me for not understanding you more, and for not giving you the patience and compassion that you so desperately needed.
This month I want to share some things that I have found out about her and things I do remember from the time we had together.
I will start doing that from tomorrow. My Mum was born in Poona, India so I need to start at the beginning.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Hi Caryl,
Thanks for sharing about your Mum. I lost mine too 15 years ago, and I miss her all the time.