Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bunking blogging

The past few weeks have been really hectic with visitors from up country so I haven't really had time to blog but since I wanted to dedicate this month to my mother I feel guilty for not doing so. It was her birthday on the 11th May and I was able to spend a large part of the day just thinking about her. I have heard some stories over the years of the kinds of things other people do to remember their mothers.
Continueing to celebrate with dinners with the family and everyone sharing memories of that person. another blogger friend makes her mothers favourite meals on her mothers birthday. I don't do things like that with my family because they are all spread around the world but one thing I do - I write about things I remember in my journal. This month I am going to do some art journal pages to reflect who my mother was. I want to see if I can do some art that speaks volumes about her. This will be interesting.
My mother loved fresh ginger and garlic for example, how I am going to do something around that will have to wait and see.

No comments: