Friday, April 16, 2010

The Time Has Come

This is a very sad day for me, but one that has been comming for a long time. 5 Years ago after a very devastating divorce I was so close to death I knew that I had to do SOMETHING to help other victims just like my self. I decided to write my book and start an organisation to try and help other victims. In the past couple of years my book is being read around the world, I receive emails all the time from other victims. The organisation and website was created so that I could raise funds to help others. I didn't need the money, but I knew thousands of other woman did. In all this time I have spoken on TV, radio, been interviewed for several magazines and I have not received any donations or sponsors to do this work. I don't even want to calculate what it has cost me in $ or in time and energy, but I cannot continue.
My book is still available, but for how long I don't know. Once people have read the book there are plenty more on the shelves to take it's place.
My heart breaks, will people ever DO anything. Abuse around the world is out of control and we all complain, but what is being done. I know that my own conscience is clear, I have given everything I have for the past 4 years, and it is time for me to move on.
I hope that my book will continue to sell around the world, it is available form AMAZON.COM and the funds will continue to go to those who need it.
I want to thank all those people from across the globe for their support in the past 4 years. I appreciate it so much. The organisation of PAINE- Abuse is no excuse has been officially closed down. The website and all its information will still be available but I will no  longer be actively involved or be able to offer any assistance of any kind.
 Caryl
><)))o>

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Without knowing too much about your situation, I can only say that it sounds like a healthy step for you to be moving on, and moving past that part of your life. I wish you all the best!

Shaz said...

Caryl, I know what a monumental decision this was for you but you have listened to and trusted your heart in this..and therefor it is the right one. You will never stop caring for others as it is who you are...but its time to reap the rewards of your other many talents...and may the Lord bless you in all of them. XX