Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tortured

I started out today doing a tutorial that I found on Deviant art. It started out with a photograph that I took on a beach up the coast from where I live. I then followed the tutorial and started adding layers but all of a sudden what I intended to be a peaceful and lonely little tree, eventually ended up like this almost like Armagedon! My stomach was so uptight when I finished that I had to do another one, using a different sky that would take the art piece in a different direction. It is amazing what happens to the way I feel when I use different colours. Mission accomplished with the next one.

1 comment:

Shaz said...

This has made me think of my own style and use of colour (or lack thereof)and the feelings generated by them...or is it the other way around??