Sunday, February 21, 2010

Love the East

My mother was born in India and my father in China. I grew up with a lot of Eastern influence because of them. My father taught me to eat with chop sticks and my mother made the most incredible Indian food I have ever eaten in my life. No one could cook like she did... perhaps my brother is a close second. I am a Christian but I also embrace Eastern philosophy. I cannot throw the baby out with the bath water. I think we could learn a lot from their ability to meditate, the way they treat the planet and all of nature, God's creation. I would give anything to go to the far east again and visit a monestry and learn to really be 'still'. We know as Christians that the word says... be still and know that I am God. But I don't think I know how to really be still..... in Him. 

No comments: